Pomegranate Sugar Scrub
Pomegranate Seed Oil
I just love the gentle exfoliation a brown sugar scrub has to offer, esp for my face and lips. Removing the layer of dead skin that does accumulates on the surface of our face, this DIY pomegranate face scrub reveals soft, glowing, vibrant skin without all the toxic ingredients!
Pomegranate Seed Oil is an incredible oil that is suitable for all skin types. Its is rich in antioxidants that is known to help fade fine lines and wrinkles with moisturizing properties. Pomegranate seed oil offers remarkable protection from the sun and is rich in Vitamin C and anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps to fight acne scars and brightens the skin.
Lavender Essential Oil is another amazing essential oil that is known for acne as it kills bacteria that may cause acne. It helps to unclog pores and reduces inflammation on the skin. Lavender essential oil is also a very soothing essential oil.
Helichrysum Essential Oil or Immortelle as it is rumored to be named in referenced to it's amazing anti-aging benefits by reducing age spots and wrinkles. It is known to be another great essential oil for acne as it is rich in anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antibiotic properties. Helichrysum essential oil is also another soothing essential oil for the skin!
* Be sure to do a skin test for ALL ingredients to check for allergies before applying to the skin. Change in medications, hormones, etc. can effect our reactions to previously tested ingredients. Check with a physician should you be pregnant or breast feeding, or taking medications.
Share with your friends
- In a small bowl, mix the Pomegranate Seed Oil & Vitamin E Oil until well blended.
- Stir in the Lavender & Helichrysum Essential Oils into the oils.
- Once all the oils have been blended,
- In a medium mixing bowl, measure out the brown sugar.
- Pour the blended oils over the brown sugar and stir thoroughly.
- Then pour and stir in the Sweet Almond Oil until the desired consistency is achieved. Stir thoroughly to blend well, add more Sweet Almond Oil if needed.
- Once completely mixed, take a few mindful moments to breath in the relaxing scent of Lavender, and imagine how amazing your skin will feel and look after exfoliating the top layer of dead skin off.
- Give your freshly created concoction one last stir and spoon into a glass jar of your choice.