Easy Holistic Craft Ideas to Entertain Your Kids during Holiday Break
DIY Ideas to Entertain Your Kids During Holiday Break
Making soaps can be a great DIY project you and your kids can enjoy. Below is an easy holistic recipe perfect for ages 8 and up with parental supervision.
- 2 Cups Melt & Pour Castile Soap
- 30 Drops Essential Oil of choice
- 10 Teaspoons Jojoba or Sweet Almond Oil
- (Optional) 1 Tablespoon Mica Powder (Color of choice)
- 1 Double Boiler or Wax Melter
- 1 Soap Mold
- Cut the solid castile soap into cubes.
- Add cubes into double boiler or wax melter.
- Let the soap melt.
- Once melted, stir carefully and remove from heat.
- Quickly add 1 tablespoon of mica powder, 30 drops of essential oil of choice and 10 Teaspoons of Sweet Almond or Jojoba Oil.
- Stir quickly before mixture hardens.
- Carefully transfer to soap mold.
- Let dry for 24 hours in a cool place away from kids or pets.
- Enjoy your natural soap!
Make Bath Soak!
Bath soaks are an incredibly affordable and simple project you can easily do with your family for everyone to enjoy. The following recipe contains only a few ingredients which can be easily purchased at your local store.
- 2 Cups Epson Salt
- 20 Drops Essential Oil of choice.
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- (Optional) 1 Tablespoon Dried Herbs
- Air sealed containers or sandwich baggies.
- Pour 2 cups of Epson salt into a large bowl.
- Add in essential oil of choice.
- (Optional) Add in dried herbs.
- Stir until all ingredients are well blended.
- Store in sealable container.
- To Use: Add a generous amount to warm bath water or foot soaks for a relaxing experience.
There are an innumerable number of recipes you can find to create and bake with your family. This can be an especially great idea if you have family members that suffer from food allergies or gluten sensitivity. Baking is wonderful way to bond with your loved ones and create yummy dishes!
For fun instructions on all these ideas, check out our podcast episode at this LINK!
We wish you all a wonderful Holiday season from Mary Tylor Naturals!