THE AMAZING BENEFITS OF ESSENTIAL OILS
Essential oils are known for their myriads of beneficial properties and health uses. Their potential benefits go way beyond their use as scents. Owing to the vast range of their applications, they have been in use since centuries. Following are some of the functions that essential oils serve in the everyday life.
- Oils like lemon oil serve as a cleanser for cleaning and disinfecting various surfaces like shelf tops.
- Mixing different oils like lavender oil, coconut oil and Shea butter etc. can work as a natural sunblock, protecting your skin from the harmful effects of UV radiation in the sunlight.
- They can be used to scent your clothes after washing.
- Cleaning damp and musky clothes can be an easy task with tea tree oil.
- Hot water, along with a few drops of lemon oil can help cut the grease sticking to the pans, making them as good as new.
- Lemongrass oil and eucalyptus oil, when combined, act as an effective mosquito repellant, helping to keep the mosquitoes at bay and prevent the diseases transmitted by them.
- Tea tree oil has amazing anti-fungal properties and can be used to prevent the growth of molds.
- Lavender oil scent can help lessen anxiety and apprehension, thereby relieving stress. They are known as an effective remedy for treatment of depression and panic attacks.
- Teas containing essential oils help in boosting immunity and sharpening the senses.
- Lemon oil soaked cotton pellets can help to freshen up the washrooms.
- Using rosemary and lemon oil, the smell of smoke can be eliminated from the environment.
- Essential oils can be used to eliminate the smell emanated from feet after closed shoes like boots, are removed.
- Essential oils can serve as an amazing gift for expectant mothers for they help get rid of stretch marks that appear during pregnancy.
- Massaging the oils into the shoulders can help relieve muscle cramps.
- A massage with essential oils right before bed can help sleep better.
- Combination of bees wax with coconut and lavender oil works remarkably well as a lip balm soothing the parched and cracked lips.
- Essential oils work wonders during sauna baths, leaving you refreshed and revitalized.
- Inhalation therapy with essential oils can help open up the blocked sinuses while at the same time exerting their curative effects to relieve the condition.
- Mixing together various essential oils at home can serve the purpose of a shampoo and conditioner at the same time, making you hair stronger and thicker than before.
The advantages of essential oils are too many to be enumerated. They are truly the miracle of nature.