The Amazing Benefits of Pomegranate Seed Oil for the Skin
The Amazing Benefits of Pomegranate Seed Oil
Informative | Carrier Oil
By: Joanna Jones 14th March, 2022
Pomegranate trees have been growing on earth since as early as 4000, B.C.E. Originating from the Mediterranean, they were cultivated further east throughout Iran and India, and later across Southern Europe. Pomegranate trees can also thrive in the United States, especially in drier climates.
Fondly referred to as “The Fruit of Life”, the pomegranate has been shown in several examples of culture as a symbol of fertility, abundance, and divine power. They are known as “Nature’s Power Fruit” for their ability to maintain and enhance many body systems and functions, thereby promoting optimal health.
The main chemical constituents of Pomegranate Carrier Oil are: Punicic Acid, Oleic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Phytosterols, and Tocopherol (Vitamin E). Omega-5 fatty acids are considered to be incredibly powerful antioxidants, which work hard to protect your skin from the harmful free radicals we encounter in our everyday lives. That being said, pomegranate oil contains a wealth of other omega acids, which have a diverse set of abilities ranging from softening skin, to soothing acne and clearing sebum from our pores.
Here is a list of some incredible benefits to the skin Pomegranate Seed Oil has:
- Anti-Aging Effect: Pomegranate seed oil is a great well known natrual remedy for wrinkles that are a pure anti-aging ingredient. It is rich in antioxidants that have moisturizing properties and fade away fine lines and wrinkles from the skin. Antioxidants like vitamin A (or retinol) and vitamin C (or ascorbic acid) work to fight free radicals while fading fine lines and wrinkles.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Pomegranate seed oil has demonstrated an affinity for reducing redness or dry, flaky skin, especially thanks to the high concentration of omega-6 fatty acids oleic acid, linoleic acid, and palmitic acid. With its unique molecular structure, pomegranate seedcoil is able to deeply penetrate skin and hair to deliver intense hydration.
- Deeply Penetrating: Pomegranate seed oilnourishes the outer epidermal layer, creating healthy and lasting moisture retention. As it is deeply absorbed into the skin, it doesn't leave a greasy residue
- Firm Skin: Everyone desires a supple skin texture. A natural and effective way to get bouncier skin can easily be attained by using pomegranate oil for skin tightening. The oil works well in tightening the skin's pores and nourishing it at the same time. The oil ensures to make the skin firmer and smoother. The antioxidants and Vitamin C in the oil are responsible for rejuvenating the skin's natural texture.
- Fights Acne Scars and Brightens Skin: Studies have shown that pomegranate oil can encourage the production of keratinocytes, which help fibroblasts stimulate cell turnover. What this means for your skin is increased barrier function to defend against the effects of UV damage, radiation, water loss, bacteria, and more.
- SPF Enhancer: Pomegranate seed oil may even be able to boost your daily sun protection efforts. According to a 2001 study, it was found that a traditional sunscreen was made 20% more effective when mixed with pomegranate seed oil. Its anti-inflammatory properties will also help your skin recover from sun damage.
- Sun Protection: Pomegranate seed oil is effective on the skin in various ways. It is used to treat dry skin and has numerous anti-inflammatory properties. The oil works well on sunburned skin and even has a great level of SPF that protects the skin from harmful sun rays. The oil has remarkable protection from the sun and is rich in Vitamin-C, making it a strong antioxidant.