One of the BEST anti-inflammatory Substances in the World: Copaiba!
Copaiba Essential Oil
Copaiba (pronounced: Ko-pah-ee-bah) essential oil, though not very well known, has been used by the indigenous peoples of South America for hundreds if not thousands of years.
What is Copaiba Essential Oil?
It is derived from the balsamic resin of the copaiba trees that are native to the Amazon rainforest. These giant trees secrete a viscous and tacky liquid known as oleoresin. This resinous material is extracted from the massive trunk of the tree by tapping. It is then steam distilled to produce the essential oil with a slightly bitter taste and a mild woodsy fragrance that is reminiscent of balsam. It blends well with lavender, ylang ylang, vanilla, and citrus oils.
What are some Benefits of Copaiba Essential Oil?
- Strong anti-inflammatory and pain reliever
- Supports hormonal balance and mood enhancer
- Reduces swelling and irritation
- Immune system booster
- Helps to calm and soothe the nervous system
- Improves sore throat
- Aids stomach distress
- Reduces irritation from insect bites
- Oral health care
- Magnifies the effects of other oils
- Has been known to fade scars
- Helps to regenerate collagen