How to Use Essential Oils as Natural Bug Repellent
Bugs and insects are a common issue that most people are concerned with. But spraying our homes with chemicals to get rid of pests comes with risks. Many traditional insect sprays used by exterminators can cause respiratory issues and autoimmune reactions, especially to those who suffer from chronic health issues. Fortunately, there are many natural alternatives that can be used instead of toxic chemicals. Below is a recipe for natural insect repellent you can use to rid your home of unwanted pests.
Natural Bug Repellent Recipe
- 1 Spray Bottle
- 25 Drops Clove Essential Oil
- 20 Drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 15 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 2/3 Cup Water
- Add water into spray bottle.
- Add 25 drops Clove essential oil.
- Add 20 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil.
- Add 15 drops Peppermint Essential Oil.
- Shake until blended.
- Label the bottle and place in a safe, cool place away from kids and pets.
- To Use: Spray around ant infested areas to repel insects!
- Do not get this mixture on skin or eyes! These essential oils are very strong and concentrated. These specific oil ratios are pest repellents and can cause irritation if improper use occurs. Use caution when using this mixture.
We are proud to offer a line of essential oils that are 100% pure, USDA certified and organic. Mary Tylor Naturals offers Better Ingredients for a Better Life.