Mind your Beeswax! Great DIY Crafts you can Make with Beeswax
Beeswax is a great natural Base for homemade products. It is a wonderful component to add to your life if you are a DIY enthusiast. Natural products such as candles, chapsticks, makeup and lotions can be made without the use of chemicals and toxins.
DIY Beeswax Candles
- 1 lb Beeswax
- Candle Wicks
- Glass Jars
- 1 Heat Resistant Bowl
- 1 Sauce Pan
- Essential Oil of Choice
- Prepare your candle bases.
- Clean jars and ensure they are dry and ready for use.
- Place a small amount of glue on the bottom of the wick to secure it to the bottom of the jar.
- Using a stick, fork or pencil, carefully tape it to the top of the jar and wrap the wick around it to ensure it stays upright.
- Fill sauce pan halfway with water, heat on medium/high heat.
- Add beeswax into heat resistant container.
- Place heat resistant container filled with beeswax carefully into the heated water and stir slowly until completely melted.
- Add 2-4 drops of the desired essential oil
- Mix slowly to avoid burning yourself.
- While still warm, carefully pour the beeswax mixture into the glass jar, ensuring that the wick stays upright in the middle of the container.
- Let cool for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, trim the wick and enjoy your natural beeswax candle!
DIY Lip Balms
- 5 oz Beeswax
- 5 oz Sweet Almond oil
- 5 oz Coconut oil
- 1 oz Shea butter
- 1 oz Cocoa butter
- 2 Teaspoons Peppermint Essential oil
- Combine the Beeswax, cocoa butter, shea butter and sweet almond oil in a heat resistant bowl and melt together.
- Stir until all ingredients are blended.
- While the mixture is melting, insert all the empty tubes in the back side of the fillable lip balm tray.
- When completely melted, remove from the heat resistant bowl.
- Add your favorite essential oil and stir.
- Safely pour the mixture into the tubes while the mixture is still warm, using the fillable tray.
- Use the spatula to thoroughly fill tubes.
- Let the lip balm tubes cool to room temperature.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from children and pets.
DIY Lotion Bars
- 1 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Shea Butter
- 1 cup Beeswax
- 2-4 Drops Essential Oil of Choice
- 1 Saucepan
- 1 Heat Resistant Container
- 1 Silicone Mold
- 2 cups Water
- Add water to saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Combine beeswax, coconut oil and shea butter in the heat resistant container and place in the saucepan.
- Stir until melted.
- Once the ingredients are melted, stir and remove from heat.
- Add 2-4 drops of desired essential oil to melted mixture.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Carefully pour into mold, let cool 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, remove from mold and enjoy.
Mary Tylor Naturals is proud to offer a 100% organic, premium Beeswax product available in both yellow and white beeswax pellets. We stand by our motto, “Better Ingredients for a Better Life.”