What are Hydrosols?
Hydrosols are a mixture of distilled herbs, essential oils or flowers combined with water to create a spray or skincare solution. They are also known as plant water or flower water. These solutions are created when specific substances such as lavender or rose petals are distilled and mixic with water to create a natural, fresh smelling liquid.
Uses for Hydrosols:
- Natural Air Freshener. Hydrosols are made from natural, organic substances and can be used as a natural replacement in place of toxic air freshener products.
- Laundry Booster. Spraying your clothes with a hydrosol will help freshen items that may have developed unpleasent scents from hanging in your closet for long peroids of time.
- Gym Bag Cleanser. Hydrosols can be made from naturally disenfecting products such as thieves solution or lemon essentail oil and can be used to disenfect items such as a smelly, used gym bag.
- Stinky Shoe Fix. Shoes can harbor smells from sweat to dirt to aromas from your workplace and spraying them with a natural scent will help you eliminate stinky shoe odors.
- Body Spritz. Hydrosols provide a light fragrant scent that is gentle and not overpowering, which is a great alternative to toxin laced perfumes and body sprays. Using a hydrosol in place of a perfume is a great natural way to freshen up.
- Bathroom Freshener. No one wants to use a fowl smelling restroom. Keeping a bottle of a hydrosol in your restroom can provide your family and guests with an organic solution to freshen even the worst smells.
When using hydrosols, be sure you store them in a cool, safe place away from kids and pets. It is important to choose a USDA certified, organic product. Since they typically do not contain preservatives, they have a relatively short shelf life and should be used within an appropriate time frame.
We are proud to offer a line of natural hydrosols! Mary Tylor Naturals provides you with Better Ingredients for a Better Life!