What does USDA certified mean?

What does USDA certified mean?

What does USDA certified mean?

When it comes to purchasing holistic products, there are a lot of popular phrases that seem to suggest a quality product. But what do terms like pure grade and USDA certified even mean?

First of all, the term pure grade is an unregulated term that doesn’t have a standard mandated by any governing body. Any company can claim its product is pure because this is a relative term. Other terms like natural or organic are also unregulated so a product can claim to be natural simply because it contains one natural ingredient in it.  Unlike these other terms, the title of USDA certified organic means that the product has been tested and verified by the U.S. DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE. When you see the seal of “USDA Organic” that means the company must have an ingredients list with contents that are 95 percent or more organic.  This means the product is free of pesticides, chemicals, fertilizers and artificial dyes. The remaining 5 percent may only be processed with additives on an approved list.  The USDA tests each of these products and verifies they are organic before issuing a seal of approval which declares that product USDA certified.

When you purchase a USDA certified product, you can rest assured that you can trust the ingredients are safe and organic. Mary Tylor Naturals is proud to offer a line of USDA certified products including essential oils, soaps, beeswax body butters and carrier oils. We stand by our motto, Better Ingredients for a Better Life!