Benefits of Baking Soda
Baking soda, also known as sodium bicarbonate, is a white powder substance known for its many household uses. But, did you know that baking soda can also be used in ways other than just making cookies and keeping your refrigerator smelling fresh?
Below is a list of the benefits of baking soda you may not be aware of:
- Alkalinize your body. For optimal health, the body needs to maintain a state of alkalinity, which means that the PH balance must not be to acidic or to alkaline. Baking soda is a naturally alkalinizing compound and can help your body reduce acidity.
- Athletic Performance Booster. Many studies have shown that endurance athletes who ingest sodium bicarbonate report that baking soda improves their endurance and lessens fatigue after training and work out sessions.
- Anti-Acid Treatment. As a naturally alkalinizing agent, baking soda is a tried and true holistic remedy for treating acid reflux and also has evidence it can help gas pressure and bloating. (Source: Medline Plus : Sodium Bicarbonate Information )
- Produce Cleanser. Dirt, pesticides and other contaminants need to be cleaned off of your produce before you can ingest them safely. Soaking your fruits and vegetables in a solution of baking soda and warm water will help remove toxins.
- Household Cleaner. Chemicals such as bleach and ammonia can exacerbate health issues and irritate the eyes and skin. Replacing these toxic items with a baking soda solution is a great natural way to clean your home.
- Laundry Booster. Sprinkling a ½ cup of baking soda into your load of laundry will add a natural boost of freshness and cleansing to even the dirtiest of clothing.
Baking soda is an inexpensive, natural product with a wide array of uses. Be sure to visit the recipe section of our website for great ideas on how to use natural products. Mary Tylor Naturals is here to provide you with Better Ingredients for a Better Life!