How to Clean a Cloth Mask
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, the world has been encouraged to wear masks. We have also been encouraged to keep proper social distancing and hygiene practices. How can we effectively keep our masks sanitized? This article will discuss how to keep your cloth mask clean and safe for continuous uses.
Tips for Cleaning your Cloth Mask Properly:
- Wash your mask after every use
- Let your mask soak in hot, soapy water for at least 15 minutes
- Use a high-quality detergent
Additional Cloth Mask Care Options:
- Placing your cloth mask in a heat dryer may damage it, so an alternative is to air dry it in a clean environment such as letting it air dry outside in direct sunlight to kill germs.
- Do not share masks that have not been cleaned.
- If you have a chronic health condition that impacts your breathing, please use caution when wearing a mask.
- Use caution when wearing a mask during activities that require more oxygen consumption such as vigorous exercise.
- You can add a drop of your favorite essentail oil to your mask for a fresh scent.
At Mary Tylor Naturals, we are here to provide you Better Ingredients for a Better Life.
Stay safe during this COVID pandemic.