Natural Acne Treatments
Acne can be an irritating problem that is difficult to treat, but there are natural solutions to help you keep your skin clear. Below is a list of natural acne treatments.
- Essential Oils. There are many essential oils that can aid in the treatment of acne. Lemon and peppermint essential oils are specifically indicated to treat even the toughest of breakouts.
To use: Dilute 3 drops of each essential oil with 6 teaspoons of water then apply to acne breakouts. Let sit the solution sit on your skin for 15 minutes before thoroughly washing your face.
- Fresh garlic has healing properties to not only treat acne, but also naturally disinfect your skin.
To use: Slice a fresh clove of garlic and place it over a blemish overnight, by morning it should shrink.
- Applying natural honey to your acne breakouts as a face mask for 30 minutes to an hour is a natural way to not only treat acne but also moisturize your skin.
- Baking Soda. Sodium bicarbonate is a natural PH balancer and is a great remedy for treating acne prone skin.
To use: Mix 5 teaspoons of baking soda with ¼ cup water and apply it to skin for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Slicing a raw potato into a thin piece and placing it over an acne breakout or pimple overnight is said to help reduce the size and redness of even the most difficult of blemishes.
If you are struggling with acne, be sure to assess what products you are putting onto your skin and see a dermatologist if you cannot find any relief.