Natural Eye Make Up Recipes
It is important to be aware of the chemical composition of products that go onto your body. Most lotions, make-up, shampoo, conditioner and soap contain ingredients which are not organic or natural. You may be alarmed to discover many of these products may contain toxins that can cause metabolic disruption and predispose you to certain illnesses. This is why it is important to replace these chemicals with safe, natural options. Below is a list of natural eye make up recipes you can use to replace the non-organic chemicals in traditional make up.
- 1 Empty Mascara Tube
- 2 Teaspoons Activated Charcoal
- 1/2 Teaspoon Bentonite Clay
- 5 Drops Vegetable Glycerin
- 1 Teaspoon Aloe Vera gel
- 2-3 Drops Lavender Essential oil (OPTIONAL)
- Mix 5 drops vegetable glycerin and 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel.
- Slowly sprinkle in ½ tsp Bentonite Clay and 2 tsp Activated Charcoal.
- Stir until completely blended until all clumps of clay have dissolved.
- Add lavender essential oil if desired.
- Carefully pour into mascara tube.
- To use: Apply to lashes, careful to not get in your eyes.
Mineral Makeup Eyeliner Pencil
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Jojoba Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Organic Beeswax Pellets
- 2 Teaspoons Carnauba Wax
- 1/4 Teaspoon Stearic Aid
- 1/4 Teaspoon Myristyl Myristate
- 1/2 Teaspoon Powder Iron Oxide (any color)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Silk Mica Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Magnesium Stearate
- 1-2 Drops Vitamin E Oil
- Using the double boiler method melt the ingredients in PT1 in the boiler until melted. Do NOT boil. Set aside.
- Mix ingredients from PT2 in a mortar & pestle or magic bullet to blend and remove any lumps. Transfer to beaker.
- Add the melted wax mixture to the beaker, stirring until mixture in incorporated. Put beaker in double boiler if necessary to keep the wax melted.
- Once there mixed, pour into straw. Be sure to block one end of the straw with tape or foil and keep filled straw upright once mixture is poured into it.
- Let the straws cool at room temperature for several hours.
- Sharpen with pencil sharpener to desired point.
Natural Eye Serum
- ½ tsp Vitamin E Oil
- ½ tsp Argan Oil
- ½ Tsp Almond Oil
- 1 Tsp Castor Oil
- In a bowl, mix ½ Tsp Vitamin E oil , ½ Tsp Argan Oil, ½ Tsp Almond Oil and 1 Tsp Castor Oil until all ingredients are completely blended.
- Pour mixture into empty mascara applicator using a tiny funnel, medicine dropper or small spoon.
- Apply to lashes nightly to promote natural lash stimulation.
- Store your eyelash growth serum in a clean dry place.
- Enjoy longer more luscious lashes!
- Disclaimer- Do not start or stop any treatment without first consulting your healthcare provider. Mary Tylor Naturals, LLC does not and will not provide medical advice or treatment suggestions and will not be held liable for those who use this information inappropriately. This post is to be used recreationally and information should not be used to treat, diagnose, or manage any condition.
Here at Mary Tylor, we believe better ingredients help you live a better life. All our products are USDA certified organic and are hand selected to make sure you have the most quality products available!