What are Herbal Salves?
What are Herbal Salves?
Herbal salves have been used since the dawn of time as holistic remedies to manage many issues. Salves are similar to lotions and balms but are usually a thicker solution that is applied to skin for medicinal uses. Salves are typically created from alternative ingredients such as beeswax, body butters and infused with various herbs and essential oils with healing properties.
Herbal salves are highly favored in the holistic industry because they can be created from natural ingredients that can help the body heal from various issues.
Examples of popular herbs used in holistic salves are:
- Lemon Balm.
Below is a great list of salve recipes you can make in your very own home!
Youthful Skin Salve
- 4 Teaspoons Vitamin E oil
- 6 Teaspoons Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Beeswax
- 2 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 1 Heat Resistant container
- 1 Double Boiler
- Melt beeswax in double boiler.
- Once beeswax has completely melted, add in the coconut oil and vitamin E oil.
- Stir until all ingredients are completely blended.
- Once mixture has slightly cooled, add in Frankincense essential oil.
- Store in a heat resistant container.
- To Use: Add a dime sized amount clean skin on face or body, careful to avoid getting salve into eyes or mouth.
Foot Smoothing Salve
- 1 oz Organic Beeswax Pellets
- 1 oz Organic Cocoa Butter
- 1 oz Organic Avocado Oil
- 1 oz Tamanu Oil
- 3 oz Organic Coconut Oil
- 1-2 Teaspoons Natural Vitamin E Oil
- 10 Drops Organic Lavender Essential Oil
- Using the double boiler method melt the Organic Beeswax Pellets, Organic Cocoa Butter, Tamanu Oil, Organic Avocado and Organic Coconut Oil in a Pyrex measuring cup.
- Mix thoroughly together then add the Natural Vitamin E Oil and Organic Lavender Essential Oil.
- Pour into containers and allow to cool before covering.
Post Workout Soreness Salve
- 15 Tablespoons Jojoba Carrier Oil
- 10 Drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 5 Drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 5 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 1 Empty Bottle
- Pour 15 Tablespoons of Jojoba carrier oil into empty bottle.
- Add 10 Drops Tea Tree Essential Oil.
- Add 5 Drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil.
- Add 5 drops Peppermint Essential Oil.
- Shake well until ingredients are fully blended.
- Label and store in a cool place away from kids and pets.
- To Use: Apply to sore muscles and joints after a workout for natural soreness relief.
Pain Relief Salve
- Pour carrier oil of choice into empty lotion bottle.
- Add 20 drops of Peppermint essential oil.
- Add 15 drops of Copaiba essential oil.
- Shake well until ingredients are mixed.
- To use: Apply to sore muscles and joints to naturally ease discomfort.
- Label the bottle and store in a cool place away from kids and pets.
Be sure you check with your physician before starting any holistic remedy and also ensure you are using 100% pure ingredients when creating your own salves.
Mary Tylor Naturals is proud to offer a line of premium organic products perfect for your DIY holistic needs! Better Ingredients for a Better life!